Nelson Tavarez's Regeneration Speed, a Cicada's dream


Designer Nelson Tavarez / Model Isménia Lima / Styling Wilkins Fernando 


      Sewing the closing piece for his collection Regeneration Speed Spring/Summer 2014, a collection inspired on the 17 year Cicada, we find Nelson Tavarez sitting on his favorite work chair with his head tilted to the needles, remembering the year he had with many mixed feelings, he says he feels grateful and happy that he was able to do so much, but he hasn't been able to enjoy it.  Nelson says that he is always very serious and passionate about his work, and about what message he wants people to get from him as a designer.  Nelson wants to empower women to be fierce, to be tough girls who never gives up, a woman who is brutally honest, humbly kind, open and creative.

WKTWTT-Why did you get inspired by the Cicada? 
Nelson Tavarez- Besides the fact that this insect lives underground for 17 years is enough of a mystery, after that they only come out to mate and immediately after they die becoming food for people and other animals. I also love the shape, forms and colors of the body of the insect,  I remember that I used to play with other similar insects at my grandma house when I live with her, I wanted to do something innovative with the shape of the clothes and the colors.

WKTWTT- Why did you decide to return to Dominicana Moda?
NT- Dominicana Moda has been so kind to me and they have opened many doors for me, like being feature  in Vogue Uk, Blonde Magazine and also realizing that my brand can reach many people in different parts of he world. When I debuted at the Lincoln Center in New York, I was excited but to show in my home country was a bigger for me than Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week. It's sounds crazy but that's how much I love this event.
Designer Nelson Tavarez / Model Isménia Lima / Styling Wilkins Fernando

WKTWTT- What does Fashion means to you?
 NT- It means everyday life, even if you are not into fashion you would go outside naked.

WKTWTT-How do you defined your city's fashion?
NT- Innovative, Daring and chic

WKTWTT- How long does it take you to make a piece? 
NT-It depends, it can go from one day to two days depending on the designs.

WKTWTT-How long have you worked as a designer ? 
NT-hah Isn't that a lot of questions... two years.

WKTWTT-What matters to you most as a designer? 
NT-To be able to stay true to my aesthetic and to innovate every time with new work.

WKTWTT-What are your favorites fabrics? 
NT-Te lo digo en español
WKTWTT-No
NT-Coño,  Well, I like fabrics with structure, texture and body that can be transform to a every day piece.

WKTWTT-What are your fashion goals?
NT-To leave a legacy to be known for something for making a difference in fashion , to design for the real woman not the imaginary woman.

WKTWTT-What is the style your line exemplifies?   
NT-Heh, How many questions are you doing? Innovative, Daring and chic

Designer Nelson Tavarez / Model Isménia Lima / Styling Wilkins Fernando
WKTWTT-What do you dislike about designing clothes?
NT-  The fast paced that the industry dictates. We are all running around making art faster that ever, and now the client doesn't want to wait for a collection, they want it today, right now, we have to be ready for production before we make any samples.

WKTWTT-How do you prepare for a fashion shoot or a fashion show?
NT-  That's the last(question) one? There is no way of getting ready, you have to do what you have to do and hope for the best, you have to be ready for anything.

WKTWTT-How do you select your models?  
NT-Well, Depends on what I'm feeling or doing I like to have a variety of  attitude, feelings because my clothes are made with every woman in mind.

WKTWTT-Where can readers find your work?
NT- They can visit my website, www.nelsontavarez.com, find me on Facebook/nelsontavareznewyork
I am actively looking for stores to carry my pieces and hope that by next year you can find me in your local store.









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario